Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday afternoon

The quiet of today is eerie, the boys are at their Moms, Isaac is sleeping, and my husband is in bed not feeling too well. To actually have free time is a rarity, and now that I have it I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! I need a little chaos to remind me of what I would do "if i only had the time".
My little guy just turned one last week, and just got his 6th tooth! I looked at him last night as we sat in the recliner next to our lit up Christmas tree thinking, "he isn't a baby anymore". How many mothers have uttered those words quicker than they would have liked.


Here are my guys putting up the tree this year.

They did a really good job putting up the outside decorations this year too. Thankfully Payton was not injured when he accidently stepped through our skylight!
Daniel and Payton say this is Isaac's first Christmas, even thought its his second, because he "can see stuff" this year :)



Daniel found out last night that he passed both of his final exams for Firefighter 1!! Now he gets a break before taking FIrefighter 2 in January. Its going to be nice to have him around these next few weeks as it has been a challenge being outnumbered 3:1.

We are so proud of him and of the sacrifice he is making for our family. Being a full time husband and Dad, working full time hours, and going to school has been tough.
They boys really had fun putting on all of my husbands gear. My husband had fun going into the test building that was on fire too.

He is going to make a great firefighter because the more stressful and chaotic the situation, the clearer he thinks. That is one thing I have always loved about him because I fall apart when stress rises.














3 comments:

BK said...

Yeah!!! You've joined the blog world. :-) Hopefully you can keep up with it better than I do. Love ya! And tell Daniel congrats on passing the tests - awesome!

Lesnang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesnang said...

Hey Girly!! How are you doing? You have a beautiful family.. It's hard to believe that "Natalie" is a mommy. lol Miss ya sista.. Are you coming home anytime soon? :]= Keep in touch. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Long lost Leslie from the Ville!!